Port Townsend History
Port Townsend was settled on April 24th, 1851 and has been called the "City of Dreams" because it was believed to be the largest harbor on the west coast. The port was originally home to the S'Kallam Indian Community of Kah Tai.
Chetzemoka Park and More
Port Townsend's city park was dedicated to Chief Chetzemoka (also known as Chief T'chiis-a-ma-hum or the Duke of York) in 1904. Chetzemoka City Park offers beautiful views of the Cascade Mountains, as well as a picnic area and a replica of the original Victorian Bandstand that sat in the park.